Do you want to show your pup how much you love them? If so, homemade treats are a great way to do it. Not only will your pup feel extra special, but these peanut butter and oatmeal balls are simple to make and packed with nutrients that will benefit their health. As always, make sure you use the best peanut butter for dogs before getting started.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are quite simple: oats, peanut butter, an egg, honey (optional), and something small like diced carrots or apples. You can also add various spices such as cinnamon if desired.
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2. In a bowl mix together the oats, peanut butter, egg, and honey if using until combined.
3. Add in any additional ingredients such as diced carrots/apples or spices of choice and mix until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
4. Roll into 1-inch balls then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on top and slightly crispy around the edges when touched lightly with a fingertip or fork tine (careful not to burn yourself).
Serving & Storage Tips
These can be served at room temperature but your dog may enjoy them more if they’re cooled down first. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months – just thaw overnight before serving again!
Making these delicious treats is easy enough that even beginner cooks could whip them up without issue! Plus, not only does your pup get something tasty out of it; but they’ll also reap the benefits of all those nutritious ingredients too! So give this recipe a try next time you want to spoil your furry friend!