The AudioCodes Mediant SRD is a device that allows users to connect their MP3 player or any other audio player to the computer. It also enables you to use your own music library on the computer. The Mediant SRD is compatible with all of the most popular brands, such as iRiver and Archos.
The SRD features an easy-to-use interface that lets you easily navigate through the device’s menu system. In addition to this, it has a built-in rechargeable battery that powers the device for up to two days.
When the device is turned off, the SRD automatically shuts down after approximately 30 minutes. If the user wants to extend the life of the SRD, he can turn it on and off manually by pressing the power button. This feature is useful when the user wants to leave the Mediant SRD plugged into his computer overnight without turning it off.
The AudioCodes Mediant SRD is available in four different models, namely, the SRD-300, SRD-500, SRD-700, and SRD-800. These differ from each other in terms of the storage capacity of the devices. For example, the SRD-700 has a storage capacity of 8 GB while the SRD-800 has a capacity of 16 GB. However, both these devices have similar specifications with respect to the display size, the number of buttons, and so on. You might also need AudioCodes Mediant 8000 to complete a setup.
These devices are suitable for individuals who want to listen to music using Bluetooth headphones. You may have noticed that the battery of the SRD has a large capacity. This is because it is used not only to keep the device powered on but also helps the user charge his Bluetooth headset when he is out traveling.
However, the SRD does not support wireless charging capabilities.
The SRD comes with several preinstalled applications. These include MP3 Player Manager, which allows the user to manage the media files stored in the SRD, along with the ability to change the volume levels of the music; Media Player, which provides the user with the option of browsing his music library on the computer; Music Player, which allows him to play music files on the computer; and the Auto DJ feature, which enables the user to create a playlist and enjoy the tracks on the computer.
You will need to install some additional software if you wish to use the SRD. We recommend installing the latest version of iTunes 10 when downloading the software. This app is recommended due to its compatibility with the latest versions of iOS, Mac OS X, Windows, and Android operating systems.
How to download and update SRD
If you already have downloaded the SRD, you should update your firmware at least once every month. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Connect the SRD to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Click on the plus (+) sign next to Ports (COM & LPT).
- Select the Serial Port tab.
- Locate the device with the letter “SRD” under the heading Device Name.
- Right click on the device name and select Update Driver Software.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
How to set up SRD
The SRD must be connected to the computer before you can start using it. Once this is done, you can begin setting up the device.
To get started, follow these steps:
- Turn on the SRD.
- Press and hold the power button for approximately five seconds until the blue light begins flashing. Release the button when the light turns solid green.
- Wait for approximately three minutes until the device reboots.
- A pop-up screen will appear asking you to enter a PIN code. Enter the correct code and press OK.
- Next, select the language to be used on the device.
- Finally, select the country where the device will be sold.
Afterward, you will see a confirmation window with the information regarding the configuration of the device. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the setup.
How to connect SRD to Bluetooth headset
To connect the SRD to your Bluetooth headset, follow these steps:
- Turn on the SRD.
- Press and hold the power button for approximately five seconds until the blue light begins blinking.
- Release the button when the light turns solid blue.
- While holding the power button, press and release the Bluetooth pairing button on the headset.
- In the same manner, pair the SRD to your Bluetooth device.
- Now, open your Bluetooth settings panel.
- Select the device to be paired, then select Pairing.
- Enter the PIN code of the SRD on the headset, then select Pair.
- You will now hear a sound indicating a successful connection.
Once the connection between the SRD and your Bluetooth headset is successfully established, you will see a pop-up message on the screen telling you that the audio device is detected. Now you can switch over to using the SRD rather than your mobile phone.
How to sync SRD with PC
Syncing with the SRD is straightforward. All you have to do is plug the device directly into the computer, and run the application on the computer.
Launch iTunes 10.
Go to File ” Library ” Add File to Library.
Navigate to the folder where your music is located on the computer, and double-click on the file.
Select the Sync button.
When prompted, enter the password for the account.